Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Eagle has Landed

I started this Reno blog for my Mother who has been , until today in Florida for the winter. My mom picked up good finds in the U.S of A that we just cannot get here.

For example,I inherited a love seat from my parents. It is super comfortable, yet super dated. I shopped around to different places looking to see what it would cost to get the little thing reupholstered. There is a lot of sentimental value with this little love seat- I really wanted to find a way to fit it into the condo resign. It was going to run about $1500 to get it fixed up. This quote is way out of my budget.



I went to the airport at midnight last night to pick up my Mom. She insisted we go directly to my condo. In her carry-on suitcase, she pulls out a new king size pillows and the most perfect love seat cover I could of imagined. She paid 1/15 the price I was quoted ( I know slip covers and re upholstery are different ball games, but you see what I mean).


This slip cover is super soft and has a separate cover just for the seat cushions which gives it a nicer finish.

I was so excited about the perfect graphite grey micro-fiber slip cover, I pulled it onto the love seat the second I got home ( after 2 a.m.).
1 a.m. condo visit with the Mom- The Eagle has Landed
 I am thrilled she is home and able to help make important design decisions. She is chalked full of ideas and cannot help herself but share all of her ideas with me- She is equally overwhelmed with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment